Bartering is Taxable

Tax laws that apply to bartering! The IRS says that you must include in your income the fair market value of property or services you receive through bartering, at the time received. Typically, you must report his income on Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ. Because there are some gray areas in bartering, any small business owner expecting to generate significant income this way should consult with a tax lawyer. There's no sense trading services to save money if you're only going to pay penalties to Uncle Sam later.

Popular posts from this blog

Bonus Depreciation under the new Tax Law can affect 2017 return

New Jersey Division of Taxation Closes Restaurant - leaving employees and customers stuck

Trump's tax plan