Internet Business Taxation

QUESTION:I am trying to start up an internet business. I have recently formed an LLC in New Jersey which will own the site and receive all payments. Will I need to qualify to do business in every other state (and other countries presumably) because I may be receiving business from customers all over the world?
REPLY: You may be subject to tax in other states depending upon your type of business and contacts within the state. Even if you do not maintain an office in a site, if you sell enough merchandise in a particular state, that state may try to tax you. Because the states are hungry for revenue, you must anticipate attempts at taxing and auditing your business. You should immediately contact a tax and business attorney to help you establish your business right.Please tak a look at my web site http://www.taxesq.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Business Expenses unde Tax Reform

2018 Year-End Tax Planning