Reporting Foreign Bank Accounts and Insurance Transactions

Taxpayers must use Form 8300 (see TD F 90-22.1) to report transactions over $10,000 in cash and to report a foreign bank account.

TD F 90-22.1 requires insurance companies to report if a taxpayer has cash surrender value in a insurance policy over $10,000 if the company is foreign company.

The policy could have been purchased in the USA with a foreign company or with a USA company that later got brought out by a foreign company or you may actually live out of the USA and brought your policy from a foreign insurance company.

This is part of the continuing attempt to by the IRS to tax all worldwide income of taxpayers.

Popular posts from this blog

Bonus Depreciation under the new Tax Law can affect 2017 return

New Jersey Division of Taxation Closes Restaurant - leaving employees and customers stuck

Trump's tax plan